Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?
Our main office is located in Decorah, Iowa, and our branch office is located in Oelwein, Iowa. We have four satellite facility locations - Waukon, Elkader, West Union, and Cresco. For information, or an appointment, call locally, 563-382-3649, 319-283-5774, toll free, 800-400-8923, or hearing/speech impaired, 711 or 800 735-2942.

What hours are you open?
Our main location in Decorah is open for services:
    8 am - 6:30 pm, Mon - Thurs
    8 am - 3:30 pm, Fri
Our Oelwein office is open for services:
    7 am and 6 pm Mon, Tues, and Thurs
    7 am - 5 pm, Wed
    8:30 am - 2:30 pm Fri
We have different scheduled hours at each of our satellite locations. Please call for hours or an appointment.

How long do I have to be here? How many sessions will I have to attend?
There is no specific time frame for services. Each one of our clients is seen as an individual, and we tailor individual comprehensive treatment plans for each of our clients. Those plans will fit the client’s specific needs.

Can my spouse or family attend?
Yes, your spouse and/or family members can be scheduled into your sessions to help them understand how to best support you. They may also ask for specific services for their needs.

Can I be cured for this?
You can recover from behavioral health problems. We will focus our efforts on educating you and teaching you skills so that you can more effectively manage your behavioral health problems.

Can I have a different therapist?
It may be possible for you to have a different therapist. Contact our Clinical Director if you have a request to make a change.

Why do I have to pay for this? Are you just in this for the money?  What happens if I cannot pay my bill?
It is imperative that we are able to collect funds for the services that we deliver, in order for us to be able to continue to provide quality services to the individuals in the communities that we serve. Some of our service may need to be paid for at the time that they are delivered.  We will file insurance claims as a service to our clients. We ask that any co-pays be paid at the time services are delivered. We can create a reasonable payment plan for clients to assist them in paying for services if needed.

Do you provide a sliding fee scale?
We do provide a sliding fee scale for some services. Contact our Decorah office for information regarding this type of funding.

What funding is available?
There are several funding sources for behavioral health care. We accept: Health Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Non-Medicaid Sliding Fee Scale, Local County Funding, Grant Funding, and Self Pay.

What are my payment options? (How can I pay my bill?)
We accept cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards in our offices.  You can also mail a payment to us at PO Box 349, Decorah, IA 52101.  Another payment option is to pay online with your PayPal account or credit card.  You can access this option from "Our Services" or use this link

I am from out of state. Can I still be seen here?
It may be possible for you to be seen at one of our offices. Your insurance carrier or funding source would be able to provide you with information that would give you direction in regard to being seen out of state. If you are self-pay you would likely be able to be seen at our offices.

Do you provide child custody assessments?
No, we do not currently provide this service.

Do you provide divorce mediation?
We do provide a one-time divorce mediation service. This service is charged directly to the party/parties requesting the service.

Do you do marriage counseling?
Yes, we have individuals trained to provide this service and they are licensed Marriage and Family Therapists in the State of Iowa.

What do I do if I have a crisis and you are not open?
We have a 24-hour crisis line that can put you in contact with an on call crisis counselor and access to peer support services as well.
Call locally: 563-382-3649 or 319-283-5774
Toll-free: 800-400-8923
Hearing/speech impaired:  711 or 800-735-2942

Do you provide in-home counseling services?
We do not provide in-home counseling service. We do provide Community Support Services in home at this time.